Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Network drives

Meant to publish this a year ago (or more). Just noticed I never got it past draft status.

Too bad I didn't have it in a virtual drive on a network folder somewhere. I would have noticed it and done something about it!

Came across an article about a network drive system from Google (read this: Going for a GDrive with Google News). If it is true, and that is far from certain, since Google took the information off-line, it suggests that Google is attempting to provide for a single file system that users can access regardless of which machine they are using at the time, so long as the user has network access to Google's servers.

Geeking with Greg: In a world with infinite storage, bandwidth, and CPU power has a PDF of the original slide presentation, and I'll tell you... it's quite startling to see Google, a company I watched within month of its creation, suddenly showing itself off as a boardroom-ready corporatin.

No comments: