Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Workingamerica.org: BadBoss - My Bad Boss Contest, Tell Your Bad Boss

Workingamerica.org: BadBoss - My Bad Boss Contest, Tell Your Bad Boss

Think your boss is bad?

I've heard some doozies. Watched my sister face her new career going down the tubes because a boss made a pass at her, and watched her find her career went down the tubes because she sued for the right not to be harassed. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

I've had my own horrible bosses, and learned how to get by on four or five hours of sleep simply because I was too stressed to sleep enough.... For three years, I woke up before my alarm clock, which I hated, just because I worked at a place which would fire you if you were late (five minutes or more) three times in a year.

Maybe it'll make you feel better to hear how other people have it worse. Then again, maybe it'll make you puke. Regardless, here's one for the poor saps in the Veal Fattening Pens that are our cubicles. Put some Vaseline under those leg shackles and read the AFL-CIO's MyBadBoss contest.

And if you insist you have it worse, why not submit your story!

No comments: